Your privacy is important to us;
- you are our valued customers and it is important to us that your privacy is protected
- this notice provides a clear and concise summary of how we use your personal data
- the notice applies to our website, contracts you enter into with use, legal obligations we need to fulfil in the course of our business
Please read the policy carefully and contact us with any questions or concerns about our privacy practices.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://digi-training.co.uk.
We are Clare Davey and Catherine Whiteoak, sole traders trading as digi-training.
Postal address: 6A Brunswick Street East, Hove, BN3 1AU
Mobile: 07816 754 213
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We collect names, addresses, email and telephone numbers:
- we collect this data when you email or phone us to arrange a free consultation or training session
- we collect IP addresses, demographic and geographic information, browser and device use anonymised through our website analytics
- we collect data from third parties such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and GoogleMyBusiness which includes location, gender, age, and profile name as supplied by you to these third parties
We use contact forms on our website to add subscribers to our email mailing list which is hosted by Mailchimp. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we use personal information?
We use this information for:
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
There are six possible legal grounds:
- legitimate interests
- vital interests
- public task
- legal obligation
Who we share your data with
We will treat all personal data confidentially.
- data is stored securely and destroyed after 12 months
- data may be shared with our team of tutors to carry out our services to you
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
All other data is destroyed after 12 months from the end of our business with you.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We use the following cookies
- Necessary: BIGipServer used to distribute traffic to the website on several servers in order to optimise response time. Data is sent to UK
- Statistics: _ga registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Data is sent to USA
- Statistics: _gat used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate. Data is sent to USA
- Statistics: _gid registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Data is sent to USA
- Statistics: collect used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels. Data is sent to USA
- Marketing: r/collect used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels. Data is sent to USA
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Linking to other websites / third party content
If you link to external sites and resources from your website, be specific on whether this constitutes endorsement, and if you take any responsibility for the content (or information contained within) any linked website.